Thursday, March 25, 2010

Walk Like You Have Somewhere to Go By: Lucille O'Neal, Mother of Shaquille O'Neal

ONE BLOGGER COMMENTED:
This book is the life story of Lucille O'Neal, mother of Shaquille
O'Neal. It is easy to read, and inspiring study of the African
American culture, and of the struggle to lift oneself up. I enjoyed
the historical aspects, as well as the inspiration and enlightening
wisdom. I would highly recommend this book. It describes in rich
detail her life with her father and grandparents, her unwed pregnancy,
her marriage, her mother's illness, her divorce, and renewal,
including going back to school. I'm not a big football fan, so I
wasn't sure I would like this book much, but really enjoyed reading
the history and Lucille's wonderful insights. From Mental Welfare to
Mental Health is a great tag line, and one that anyone could aspire
to. I received the book for free from Thomas Nelson publishers in
exchange for the review.

Posted via email from Celebrity Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment