Monday, April 19, 2010

The Pepper Zoo Presents DJ Sydney Blu Taking Over Egypt [TECHNO]

Known for her electric stage presence and performance, Sydney Blu is the best female (Joanne Hill) Techno DJ in the business. Born in Ontario, she developed a liking for dance music. In 2000, she turned down a job at Walt Disney's Epcot Center Globe in Orlando, Florida to become a local DJ in Toronto. “I ended up turning down that job to stay in Toronto because I got deep into the club scene. I made friends with loads of DJs and promoters, and eventually started DJing,” says Joanne, in her quietly assured voice. “I was pretty good at building a name for myself and after a while I had a strong following. That’s when Guvernment came knocking and offered me a residency.”

Joanne speaks on her female presence in the industry, “I never played the ‘girl DJ’ card. I had agents offer me the chance to join playboy type DJ agencies, where the girls take their clothes off whilst they DJ,” reveals Sydney. “Some girls do it as a shortcut. I’m not into that. It’s not right to cut corners. Every other DJ out there has to work hard to get noticed for the right reasons, and I wanted to be recognised for my music like everyone else.” She built a global name for herself. Shout out to Sydney Blu!

Posted via web from Unleashed Music

No comments:

Post a Comment